A note manager plugin for Krita.
Buli Notes allows to add notes to Krita documents.
As notes are embedded into .kra file, you’re sure to never loose them
Result is not exactly what I had in mind, but currently initial idea can only be implemented in Krita and not through a plugin.
Anyway, I’m satisfied of current result
A screenshot of Krita with Buli Notes docker and a note displayed as post-it
Editor - Text note
Editor - Hand written note
Editor - Brushes note
All notes are available through a docker:
- List all defined notes
- Allows to add/edit/remove notes
- Lock/unlock notes
- A locked note can’t be edited/deleted
- Pin/unpin notes
- By default an opened note is automatically closed when focus is lost; when pinned, note have to be explicitely closed
- Pinned notes stay visibles in fullscreen mode
- Right click on list allows to copy/paste selected notes from document to another one.
As a post-it, a note can be moved/resized on desktop.
Notes have the following properties:
- A Title
- A description
- A color
Also, creation and last modification date/time are automatically set on notes.
A note can have an optional text content, that the minimal thing we can expect for a note
Text editor allows rich text content and provides following formatting functions:
- Font family
- Font size
- Text weight (normal, bold)
- Text style (italic, underline, color)
- Text alignment (left, center, right, justified)
- Bullet list
Basic undo/redo and copy/paste actions are available.
It’s possible to set hand written notes on a scratchpad.
Could be interesting to draw small schema to illustrate ideas for example.
Hand written notes allows:
- To draw using all available Krita’s preset brushes
- To change brush size
- To change brush color
- To reset content
To use scratchpad:
- Left click: draw
- Middle click: pan
- Right click: pick color
Note: undo/redo is not available (and not sure to be able to implement it…)
When a note is displayed as a post-it, clicking on scratchpad will change brush color with picked color
Krita allows to manage presets (bundles, tags).
Usefull for general configuration or to organize brushes.
But when start drawing, don’t want to manage all of this.
Also, don’t want to create a preset for each combination size/opacity used for a specific document.
The brushes list allows you to add the current used brush in list:
- Brush preset
- Blending mode
A description can be associated with brush (allows to easily keep in mind for which type of work the brush has been used)
And as note in saved into Krita file, you can do a break and came back few days or few weeks later to finish your drawing, used brushes will be available immediately!
Note: brush preset is not embedded into Krita document, only reference to brush is saved
When a note is displayed as a post-it, clicking on a brush will change current brush with the selected one
Plugin installation in Krita is not intuitive and needs some manipulation:
- Open Krita and go to Tools → Scripts → Import Python Plugins… and select the bulinotes.zip archive and let the software handle it.
- Restart Krita
- To enable Buli Notes go to Settings → Configure Krita… → Python Plugin Manager and click the checkbox to the left of the field that says Buli Notes.
- Restart Krita
Buli Notes is available as a docker: go to menu Settings → Dockers and select Buli Notes.
- Plugin is not compatible with Krita 4.x.x; you must have at least Krita 5.x.x
- As currently Krita 5 is still in pre-alpha version, plugin is in alpha version and as long as Krita 5 won’t be available as a stable version, plugin will be provided as alpha version
Plugin has been tested with Krita 5.0.0-prealpha (appimage) on Linux Debian 10.
Plugin hasn’t been tested on Windows and MacOs
[2021-03-16] Version 0.1.0a >> Show detailed release content <<
- First implemented/released version
There’s some bugs (early alpha version), and some functionalities are not yet implemented, even if buttons are already here
Some ideas currently in mind:
- Note manager
- Allow to define notes position in list (currently, sorted by creation order)
- Export/Import notes
- Extend clipboad mime type (text + png), allowing to paste information in an editor
- Note editor - Text content
- A strikethrough text format
- Allow to set background color
- Note editor - Hand written content
- Allow to import image (from file, from clipboard, from layer)
- Allow to export image (to file, to clipboard)
- Fix color chooser (there’s some bug interface)
- Add brush opacity
- Implement tasks list note
- Link layers
- Allow to link a note to one or more layers
Edit 2020-03-16: update main download link to latest version